Sunday, April 18, 2010

Status Report 8

I got the reference shot method to work. Turns out the problem was that Flash takes a few seconds to send the data to the camera, so the new frame doesn't actually appear on the screen until after the refShot() method is called. If I set a slight delay between calling the method and actually taking the shot, it works. I'll be experimenting in my spare time to figure out exactly how long it usually takes and how long I should set the delay for.

In other news, everything up to and including metaphase works fine with the psuedoserver, so I'm very happy about that. Another problem that has cropped up lately is that if I enlarge the window to run it on the projector, the positions of certain objects get really messed-up. I think I can get around this by hardcoding the coordinates, but there's probably a better option I haven't thought of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment