Monday, April 12, 2010

Status Report 7.1 - Eureka!

I have found a solution to one of my reference shot problems. The problem was that Flash's XMLServer, when its send() method is called, adds a zero bit to the end of whatever was sent, which was messing up the String.equals() method in Java. Short of rewriting Flash's XMLServer code, I discovered that if I use the String.startsWith() method instead of the equals() method, it works fine. Success!

The new problem is that since the server is not lightning-fast, the reference shot that gets sent is a shot of the screen a few seconds before the method call. This is problematic since the only time the method gets called is during a frame change. I guess I could program the Flash side to wait a few seconds before asking for a reference shot, but I'm going to speak to Audrey in a few minutes to see what she thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment