Sunday, May 2, 2010

Status Report 10, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love CV

As of tonight, everything works. Sometimes temperamentally, but I'm 99.9% sure that's the result of imperfect lighting conditions and miscellaneous camera quirks. I'm happy with it, at any rate. I may go back and tweak more later if I feel like it.

A Summary of my Time Spent with the Mitosis Game

I started this game in an attempt to teach children about mitosis in a new way that was more interesting than textbook learning. However, in the process I ended up teaching myself a lot about using other people's code, and using Flash in general. Some of the high points:

- Learning how to use the iHart system. This was obviously the major point of this exercise.
- Learning to code and implement my own events and event dispatchers.
- Implementing the refShot() function.
- Untangling all the iHart code to code my own pseudoserver.

The low points, of course, occured in the process of convincing all this to work; however, I think I've learned that with persistence and planning, things will eventually work out the way you want them to. It's been fun, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment